Today, Tigerlabs is proud to announce the launch of the first Healthcare IT Accelerator Program in the heart of the NJ pharmaceutical corridor, Tigerlabs Health. Set to begin in February 2013, Tigerlabs Health will provide each participating team with a host of perks including $20,000 in seed funding, mentorship, software, professional seminars, and a home in our co-working facility in Princeton, NJ. The program will culminate in a demo day where teams will present to a room of investors and influential industry executives, launching their company into the spotlight. The application to Tigerlabs Health is open today and submissions will be accepted through the deadline of November 15, 2012.
Located in the backyard of Big Pharma, Tigerlabs is uniquely positioned to leverage regional and national executive and investor relationships to usher in a new culture of innovation into the Healthcare IT sector. Through Tigerlabs Health, our goal is to not just create another accelerator, but rather to solve real problems that the industry is facing – and shake up its much maligned and notoriously lengthy development process. We have created a program that connects entrepreneurs who have big ideas with the executives and investors who could help in actually bringing them to market.
Tigerlabs will be considering entrepreneurial ventures across a wide spectrum of solutions. Some technologies that we are excited about include, but are not limited to:
- Mobile Health (mHealth): helping consumers take control of their health with fun, elegant and easy to use mobile applications
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Platform delivery of cloud based medical records, data, information, and provider information.
- Disease management: Identification, reporting, tracking, and analysis of disease diagnosis, spread, and treatment.
- Integrated care management: Connecting inputs, delivery management, and organization of services related to diagnosis, treatment, care, rehabilitation and health promotion.
- Adherence programs: Allowing providers, payers, and consumers to monitor adherence to remote medical treatment.
- Big data: Compilation, analysis, and presentation of consumer, professional, clinical, payment, and medical records data.
- Clinical discovery platforms: Assisting in the implementation, monitoring, analysis, and discovery of clinical platforms.
- Self diagnosis: Allowing consumers to observe, record, understand, and cure simple health problems.
- Remote monitoring: Enabling health providers and payers to track consumer adherence, health, payment, and medical records virtually.
- Payer/consumer disruption: Developing the relation between the payer and consumer through improved communication, payment, understanding, and conveyance of information.
- Virtual care: Providing consumers access to doctors, healthcare professionals, through platform applications.
- Remote therapy: Virtual assessment, delivery, and monitoring of therapeutic care.
Have something else you’re excited about? Get in touch!
This expansion of the Tigerlabs platform comes at an exciting time. Through Tigerlabs Commons, we are building a unique entrepreneurship center, with already 11 companies and 40+ entrepreneurs calling Tigerlabs their home. In addition, Tigerlabs just celebrated the completion of the inaugural Tigerlabs University class, an accelerator designed to meet the needs of student entrepreneurs. Seven teams comprised of students from Princeton University, Penn State, Virginia Tech, University of Cambridge, University of Oxford, University of Chicago, and Lehigh University came to Princeton for an fast-paced summer of learning, developing, designing, and execution, culminating in demo day (for more info, here’s an article from TechCrunch). Stay tuned for the announcement of our Summer 2013 Tigerlabs University class.
Oh, and don’t forget to apply for Tigerlabs Health 2013.
We look forward to hearing from you!